MSB in the UK is an excellent option for a commercial start-up. But before you can start doing business in the UK, you must get a permit if you wish to offer payment services like money transfers. In this report, you can learn more about Money Service Business (MSB) in The United Kingdom.
Definition of MSB in the United Kingdom
Any individual engaging in business in one or more of the following roles is referred to as engaging in MSB:
- A merchant or exchanger in currencies.
- Check casher.
- A person who issues stored value, money orders, or traveller’s checks.
- A seller or redeemer of stored value, money orders, or traveller’s checks.
- A transmitter of funds.
Who regulates MSB in the UK?
It is regulated by HMRC. HMRC must be ensured that businesses fit the official limitations. It controls if companies provide clear guidance and advice to clients so that they understand their obligations, and effectively respond when HMRC identify that businesses are failing to put the right policies and protections in place.
Money Service Business License UK (MSB license UK) Classification
You must register as an EMI or a PI if your company intends to manufacture and issue digital funds. Let’s overview the differences between licensing kinds.
Small EMI and PI license applications often go through a quicker procedure with less paperwork and verification steps.
They charge fees under each nation’s payment services ordinances. For instance, the UK’s regulator charges a £500 application cost for small EMI or PI licenses, when applying for an authorized institution licensing a £5000 fee is required.
Procedure for obtaining a money transfer license
- Prepare pieces of documentation that must be provided to support and detail the functions of your corporation.
- Bank Accounts and Other Business-Related Issues
- Become a member of FCA Connect
- The FCA handles all permit requests and associated business using Connect, an online platform. Before moving on, you must create a new account.
- Fill out the applicable application.
- You will fill out a form and present any necessary papers, for instance, business model documentation, based on the permit you want.
- Official Inquiry Fee for Applications
- The FCA performs an official investigation after you submit everything to decide whether to accept or refuse your request.